Sunday, October 16, 2011

Our Busy Weekend

It was a busy Saturday around the Haan home yesterday. I cleaned the lower level in anticipation of our company arriving on Thursday. I know the bar stool was not ideal for my hydrangeas and I found this baker's rack downstairs. I think it looks a little better. Of course then I had to add some October decorations too. I know, DeAnn, it's a little too cluttered for you but I like it.

Then I worked on my front door. It went from white
to gray (they said red would cover gray better than white)
to terra-cotta red. I love it and it does "pop" the front entry just like they say on HGTV. Remember the black kitty-kat - it sat under our wood burning stove in N. St. Paul. Found it in the garage.
Notice also that we painted the front porch floor gray to go with the house - blends much better than the old brown stain.
Dad has been working on the deck to get it cleaned up and restained. He spent an entire day scrubbing it down. You can see the difference between the new stain and the scrubbed wood.
This was entirely his project. He did an amazing job and it looks wonderful. He went on to trim some branches on the trees - city said they were too low. I think the city needs to get a new tape measure, but dad went ahead and trimmed anyway. Also pruned all the shrubs and picked up the leaves. Now just has to deliver them to Dick's field.
Just wanted you all to know what a productive day we had. Then had a wonderful dinner with the newest addition to the family, his wife and our wonderful 10-yr old grandson. How I miss Chase. It was a little noisy at the steakhouse so it was difficult for me to listen to Kurt & Amy and still hear everything Chase had to tell me. However, he's coming on Wednesday night so I get to talk to him all day on Thursday.
Have a good week - it will be a grand one for me!!!
Love,
Gramma and MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment